If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This brings us to the dish Chris taught me from The Week – with a few twists and turns, of course. It’s not the prettiest dish in the world, no matter how you work it. But it is really delicious. - F for Food
- 2 ounces smoked bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 loves garlic, smashed
- 1 small parsnip, finely chopped
- 1/21 rib celery, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 12 ounces lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 fresh pork sausages, such as sweet Italian sausages
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook bacon in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, until its fat has rendered, about 6 minutes. Add butter, onions, garlic, parsnip, and celery; cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Tie parsley, thyme, and bay leaves together with kitchen twine; add to pan. Stir in lentils and 5 1?2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Discard herbs. Stir in mustard and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring sausages, wine, and 1 cup water to a boil in a 12" skillet over high heat. Cook, turning sausages occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 12–15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add oil. Cook sausages until browned, 6–7 minutes. Serve the sausages over the lentils.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking