If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My great-grandmother, grandmother and Tia use to make this soup on a cold wintery day. I have a hard time finding good Basque chorizo, which they used, so I substitute it with Portuguese chorizo. If you can find the Basque chorizo, it is a little different, a bit more spicy. - ChezUs
Serves 6 large or 8 small
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, cleaned and finely minced
- 2 stalks of celery, cleaned and cut into small dice
- 3 carrots, cleaned and cut into small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large chorizo, cut into small slices
- 1 cup green lentils
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 1 whole dry-farmed or roma tomato
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot, add leek, celery and carrots. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, stir and continue to cook over low heat; for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lentils, stir and cook for about 1 minute, over low heat.
- Add the stock and stir. Continue to cook over low heat, for about 30 minutes.
- Add the tomato, stir and continue to cook over low heat, for another 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked and the tomato has broken down.
- Serve. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils