If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coming up with this recipes was pretty easy - cook a bunch of my favorite things, then eat them .... - aargersi
- 1/2 cup French green lentils
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- hot water
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup peeled quartered and chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus a bit more for the pan)
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- fresh ground white pepper
- 2 chopped green onions
- juice from the small half of a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Rinse and clean your lentils, and put them in a pot. Add the ginger, garlic, miso and white pepper (I grind mine in fresh so use your judgement and personal taste here as to how much you really add) and cover the lentils with hot water. Bring them to a simmer, then continue to simmer until they are tender but not mushy. You will need to stir and add additional water along the way. Mine took about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile cover a cookie sheet with foil and lightly oil it. Toss the mushrooms, carrots and shallots with olive oil and tamari, then spread them out on the cookie sheet. Grind some black pepper over them.. Roast them until they are browning and tender - you will be able to smell the goodness when they are ready - mine took just shy of 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables in with the lentils. Stir in the green onion, squeeze them lemon over and dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils