If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick vegetarian savory meal with a subtle wine and fennel flavor. —Krystal Ford
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, wraped in cheese cloth or tea ball
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse lentils under cold water and place in a sauce pan. Add to sauce pan white wine, water, fennel seeds, sage, oregano, 1 whole clove of garlic, salt and pepper and combine with lentils.
- Bring lentils to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Most of the water should be absorbed.
- While lentils are simmering bring a large stock pot of water to a boil (add salt to water) and cook linguine.
- Drain pasta when cooked. Toss pasta with 1/4 cup or more of olive oil.
- Remove garlic clove if desired and cheesecloth with fennel seeds. Add lentils to pasta and toss.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils