If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for this Tapas-style recipe comes from a favorite restaurant that I used to frequent in Brooklyn, NY. They always had a rotating style of hummus, some of which were white bean and black bean. Some of my other favorite tapas items included their spiced almonds and house roasted red peppers. For this recipe I wanted to combine all of my favorite tapas flavors in a great textured lentil hummus. - GentrifriedSouth
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Marcona almonds
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook lentils and a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer lentils to a food processor and puree with goat cheese, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency.
- Add in the roasted peppers, Marcona almonds, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils