If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A teacher that I work with suggested that I try this recipe since she knew that I was attempting to make more meatless dishes for my husband and myself. This recipe replaces the taco meat filling and can be used with taco shells, tostada shells, or in a soft corn or flour tortilla. Not only was it a hit with my husband and myself, but my adult children also love it and fix it for themselves. I'd call that a winning recipe!! —twisterfrog
- 3 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- Combine the above ingredients.
- Bake, at 300 degrees, in a covered casserole for about 1-1/2 hours, until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Spoon it into a shell, or serve it as a side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.