Author Notes: A teacher that I work with suggested that I try this recipe since she knew that I was attempting to make more meatless dishes for my husband and myself. This recipe replaces the taco meat filling and can be used with taco shells, tostada shells, or in a soft corn or flour tortilla. Not only was it a hit with my husband and myself, but my adult children also love it and fix it for themselves. I'd call that a winning recipe!! - twisterfrog
- 3 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cups brown lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cups onion, chopped
- Combine the above ingredients.
- Bake, at 300 degrees, in a covered casserole for about 1-1/2 hours, until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Spoon it into a shell, or serve it as a side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils