If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vivian and I spent a portion of our afternoon playing with edible dough instead of playdough, We had lots of fun and she always ask if she can help me, is patient with me and does a damn good job at making pasta butterflies. This was a semolina dough that you want to be a touch wet so when you pinch it it binds. I have also found that my pasta does better if it is kneeded for a good 5 minutes after it comes out of the mixer. - thirschfeld
Makes approx 1 lb
- 1 cup unbleached bread flour
- 1 cup Durham wheat #1 semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus of ice cold water
- 2 large eggs, the freshest you can buy
- Place the flours, eggs, and olive oil into the bowl of a mixer. Fit the mixer with the dough hook and start mixing. Drizzle in the water.
- Scrap down the sides and add water a half teaspoon at a time if needed. You want the dough to be pliable but not sticky.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and kneed it till it is elastic. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into quarters and using your pasta machine make pasta sheets stopping 1 stop before the thinest setting.
- Using a pasta cutter cut the dough into 2 inch wide strips and then cut it into rectangles an inch wide. Pinch each piece in the middle pinching hard enough to bind it. Set them on a floured sheet tray until all are done.
- When you are ready to cook them bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the farfalle for about 2 minutes. Have you sauce ready and enjoy.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.