If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well this is what we thought would go great with our pasta butterflies after spending a portion of the afternoon making the pasta. —thirschfeld
- 1 pound fresh farfalle, home made if possible
- 1 cup beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch shreds
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms, sliced, oyster, shittake, and crimini are nice
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup demi-glace
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a 14 inch saute pan over high heat. Add the olive oil and when it is near to smoking add the mucshrooms and the beef. Season them with salt and pepper. Add the shallot and the garlic. The beef and mushrooms should be browning a bit. Add the demi-glace and the peas. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Drop the pasta into the water and cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce. Stir in the parsley and plate. Top with cheese and have extra cheese at the table.
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.