If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ingredients for this salad came from a recipe I had for a lentil and goat cheese pie, but I wasn't thrilled with the way that a lentil pie looked when it was sliced. I do really like the combination of lentils, goat cheese, and fennel. This makes a nice light dinner with a green salad. - VanessaS
- 1 cup french green lentils, rinsed and checked for debris
- 2 cups fennel, in 1/3 inch dice (about 1 small bulb)
- 1 large onion, in 1/3 inch dice
- 1 red pepper, in 1/3 inch dice
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine lentils, 3 cups of water, fennel seeds, bay leaf and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and simmer until lentils are tender but still hold their shape, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Saute fennel, onions, red pepper and garlic over medium heat, until softened - about 10 minutes. Season vegetables with salt and pepper at the start of sauteeing.
- Combine lentils and vegetables in a large bowl. Add vinegar and half of goat cheese and gently combine. Plate salad and sprinkle remaining goat cheese on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.