If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just found lentils this past year and have had a lot of fun experimenting with them. The family loves dijon mustard and I found that when I added the portabella mushrooms this could go from a side dish to an entree as it is so hearty. - nweb
Serves 4 as entree; 6 as side
- 1 cup french green lentils
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash lentils and drain. Add lentils and salt to water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Remove and rinse with cool water and drain.
- Slice leeks length-wise and then chop into 1/2 slices. Slice portabella mushrooms in large cubes.
- Melt butter and add olive oil, leeks and mushrooms. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add lentils, chicken broth, mustard and vinegar. Raise temperature to medium-high and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken broth is reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.