If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best thing after a long night of celebration is the big breakfast. I wanted to step out of the typical breads, eggs and bacon breakfast but still keep it satisfying; then I remembered my Indian teacher’s variations in using Ricotta- a great substitute for scrambled eggs. For the vegetarians out there: opt out the meat and put more veggies. - FrancesRenHuang
- 1/2 cup Ricotta, strained if too watery
- 2 chorizos
- 1~2 green chilies, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped roughly
- Snip off the ends of the chorizos and squeeze out the grounded meat, separating it into little chunks; place the meat into a non-stick skillet and cook over medium heat, covered, shaking the skillet every few minutes for even browning. Cook until brown, a little crispy on the outside, around 10 minutes; Pour out excess oil from the chorizo.
- Throw in the bell pepper and chilies with the chorizos over high heat, cook for 2~3 minutes and scramble in the ricotta.
- Finish off with chopped off cilantro and serve warm, with a few dashes of hot sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta