If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deliciously easy to make Mexican snack. - mommiecooks
- 3 Plantains
- 11/2 cup Oil (I used canola)
- Salt and Garlic Powder to taste
- Start out by peeling your plantains, cutting them in half and slicing them into 1/8" thick pieces.
- Pour your oil into a frying pan and heat up good and hot on high heat. Drop in your plantains, 5 or 6 at a time being sure they aren't overlapping each other. Let them cook for about a minute and then remove them from the oil.
- Place them on a cutting board or other flat surface and flatten them down. I used the flat end of my meat hammer and that seemed to do the job.
- Take the flattened plantains and put them back into the oil for one more minute. When the minute is up, pull them out, lay them on paper towel to drain, and sprinkle both sides with salt and garlic powder.
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.