Author Notes: This soul-satisfying and simple-to-make-ahead recipe for Maple Braised Short Ribs may just become your go-to favorite for fall and winter. Enjoy! - Sydne George
Maple Braised Short Ribs
- 5 pounds beef shortribs
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 2 bay leaves
Browned Butter Noodles
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- sea salt, to taste
- sage sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a dutch oven, or other large heavy covered pot, combine short ribs, stock, apple cider, maple syrup, shallots and bay leaves.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve: Remove ribs from pot and strain sauce. Return sauce to pan and simmer over medium heat until reduced to one cup. Add an additional ½ cup maple syrup and any salt if needed.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and continue cooking until browned.
- Remove from heat. When ready to serve, drizzle browned butter over noodles on plates, top with Maple Braised Short Ribs and sauce and a sprig of sage.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs