If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soul-satisfying and simple-to-make-ahead recipe for Maple Braised Short Ribs may just become your go-to favorite for fall and winter. Enjoy! - Sydne George
Maple Braised Short Ribs
- 5 pounds beef shortribs
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 2 bay leaves
Browned Butter Noodles
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- sea salt, to taste
- sage sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a dutch oven, or other large heavy covered pot, combine short ribs, stock, apple cider, maple syrup, shallots and bay leaves.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve: Remove ribs from pot and strain sauce. Return sauce to pan and simmer over medium heat until reduced to one cup. Add an additional ½ cup maple syrup and any salt if needed.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and continue cooking until browned.
- Remove from heat. When ready to serve, drizzle browned butter over noodles on plates, top with Maple Braised Short Ribs and sauce and a sprig of sage.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs