If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to use some dried porcini mushrooms lurking in my fridge -- said to use in 2 months even though dried. After hydrating them I used the liquid in my pasta water. All the black pepper is said to resemble coal dust, which is why it is called "carbonara". —aquarius
- 1 pound Linguini
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 ounces pancetta - 1/4" diced
- .5 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 4-5 green onions sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan regianno cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Rehydrate porcinis in 2 cups boiling water for 20 min. Drain & reserve liquid to add to pasta water. Coarsley chop mushrooms. Slice green onions & dice pancetta.Cook linguini in a large pot of boiling water, adding porcini liquid & salt. 8-10 minutes till el dente. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat; add pancetta & brown for 2-3 minutes before adding porcinis & onions. Sautee slowly while pasta boils. In a large serving bowl beat eggs with wine & cream until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese & pepper. Drain linguini & pour into serving bowl and toss. Add pancetta mixture & parsley; toss again to coat well. Serve ASAP with remaining cheese & more freshly ground pepper on the side.
Tags: comfort food
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.