If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based on the ingredient for this contest, short ribs, I decided to combine flavors from my native Costa Rica and my current location in the Southern USA. This recipe blends ingredients like pineapple and cardamom that are used in Costa Rica with honey that is usually used in Southern Cooking for ribs. I made side of pasta salad to complete the plate. Hope you like it. - Afner - Afner
Food52 Review: This was my first EP test and I was really excited to have chosen a somewhat Southern-inspired dish. I marinated the ribs for about two hours as per instructions, and while they were marinating I blended the ‘juice’ for the ribs. The smell of the ‘juice’ was so unique, with a mild sage undertone found in the dominating pineapple. When cooked, these ribs had a beautiful brown crust created by the sugar of the pineapple juice and honey. When sliced, the ribs have that ‘fall off the bone’ goodness and the flavors are just perfect. This recipe super easy and highly recommended! - Table9
- 2 Fresh Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons of Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Freshly Grounded Pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon of Fresh Grounded Cardamom
- 1 Big Finely Chopped Garlic Clove
- 1/2 cup of Pinneaple Juice
- 4 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sage
- 1 pinch of Sugar
- Marinate the Ribs with the Sea Salt, Pepper, Cardamom and the chopped garlic and let it rest in the fridge as long as you can, a couple of hours will be fine for doing it.
- In a blender put the Pinneaple juice, the honey, olive oil, vinegar and sage and blend until it is as homogeneous as it can, this will be used to glaze and moisture our ribs while in the oven.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F(200°C) in a tray place the marinated ribs and pour some of our glazing juice. let cook and often bathe the ribs with this liquid until a ccrust will appear on it. We can turn the ribs so they can be cooked even and adquire the crust on both sides, Cook for about one hour, you must be pendent of the ribs so they dont overcook or not cook completely. Be sure to use all the glazing juice for best results.
Dilled Pasta Salad (optional)
- 1 cup of pasta elbows
- 1/2 cup of Finely Choppped Onions
- 1 tablespoon of Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dry Dill Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonaisse (or light Mayo if you want)
- 2 splashes of Olive Oil
- Cook the elbows "al dente", drain them, add the first splash of Oilive oil, then add the chopped onions, the mustard, the mayo, the sea salt and mix, then you can add the dill leaves and the second splash of olive oil. Mix again.Leave it cooling for some minutes and you are done.