If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earlier this year I had a serious craving for Veal Marsala, I enjoyed what I made so much that I have been fooling around with different proteins to see what else works with my basic Marsala recipe. This is one was a bit of a stretch but it's become a household favorite. I like serving it over mashed potatoes, but I think egg noodles or rice would also compliment it well. - MjrScoop
- 4 Beef Short Ribs on the bone
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Marsala wine
- 1 splash Truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Liberally salt your ribs on all sides, and heat evoo in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Working in two batches brown ribs on all sides.
- Remove ribs from the pot and set aside, reduce heat to medium and add shallots and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic to pot and cook until fragrant 30 seconds- 1 minute.
- Add Mushrooms and cook until they have started to release their moisture, about 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add marsala wine, scraping the bottom of the pot to free up all the tasty bits stuck there.
- When wine starts to reduce, bring down heat to low and add short ribs, pepper, and a drizzle of truffle oil.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until meat is falling away from the bone. Turning the meat halfway through cooking.
- When ribs are done remove them from the pot and set aside, add butter to pan and raise heat to high, stir frequently and reduce liquid by half.
- Remove ribs from the bone and return to pot. Enjoy!
Tags: comfort food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.