If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have so many incredible varieties of Apples here at the Philly Farmers markets, my current favorite is the Gold Rush apple, its an heirloom variety that looks like something from a Dutch Painting and as a deep fragrant floral flavor and then there are the wonderful Honey Crisp, The Pink Ladies, the Macaoun...so many apples, such varieties of flavor, why choose just one? Poppy seeds and honey pair beautifully with apples, warm goat cheese toasts and bitter greens & radicchio its colorful, warm crunchy, creamy fresh —Aliwaks
Apple Salad & Goat Cheese Toasts
- 4 Different apples
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 cups washed & dried Mixed bitter greens, endive friss, lolla rosso, radicchio
- 8 small angled slices good french bread
- 1 tablespoon or so Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 ounces or so best creamy goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced chives
- 1/4 cup Toasted Hazelnuts
- Core apples and slice into thick matchsticks, toss with lemon juice to prevent browning
- Toss baguettes slices with olive oil & salt & pepper, brown on cookies sheet in oven til lightly toasted
- Smear goat cheese on toasts and set in warm oven right before serving
- Toss apples & hazelnuts with small amount of dressing
- Toss greens with remaining dressing
- Pile Greens on plate, add apples/nut mix on top, arrange goat cheese toasts over top sprinkle with minced chives
Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dark Honey (Buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup Walnut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- salt & pepper
- Whisk together mustard, shallots, honey, vinegar & lemon juice
- Drizzle walnut oil in slowly, till emulsified
- Taste, season with salt & pepper
- Whisk in poppy seeds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.