If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: WHO: Sassyradish is a finance geek and food blogger living in New York.
WHAT: A sweet-tart-spicy-crisp salad, with our new favorite vegetable.
HOW: Chop your kohlrabi and apple, then toss with the dressing.
WHY WE LOVE IT: We're big fans of the crazy-looking kohlrabi, and this salad is something special; the chili gives it a great hit of spice, and the apple, vinegar, and fish sauce keep it crisp and balanced.
- The Editors
- 1 head kohlrabi
- 1/2 apple, such as Gala
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 bird's eye chili
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut off the “branches” of the kohlrabi. Peel it with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the kohlrabi into matchsticks either using a sharp knife of a mandolin (I used the latter). Do the same with the apple.
- Toss the kohlrabi and the apple with the remaining ingredients and chill before eating.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.