If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I once ordered a dish with a similar name at a restaurant, and the recipe below is what I pictured in my head. What came was not at all like this, and frankly not very good. But the idea in my head stuck, and I worked on it at home, adding the chopped celery leaves and a drizzle of reduced apple cider dressing. If you can get your hands on pickled walnuts, they are a wonderful substitution for the walnuts. - TheRunawaySpoon
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 handful celery leaves
- Stir the apple cider and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Boil the syrup until it has reduced by half, about 8 minutes. It will thicken as it cools. Cool slightly, then whisk in the olive oil.
- Mix the lemon juice with 1 cup of water in a large bowl. Using a mandolin, slice the apples paper thin, immediately dropping each slice into the acidulated water to prevent browning.
- When ready to serve, drain the apple slices and pat them dry. Lay the slices, slightly overlapping, on a large platter or divided between four salad plates. Scatter over the blue cheese, walnuts and celery leaves. Drizzle the syrup over the apples and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Berti Foraging Knife
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.