If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I ate this delicious soup with two powerful ladies I don't see very often. On this particular occasion, It was soon after one of my best friends, (and one of the girls' brother) passed away after a brave battle with cancer. We wanted to reunite over good food, memories and laughter. We ate this soup together in memory of him and it lifted our spirits and warmed our hearts. - Myrite
- 400 g Button Mushroom or crimini
- 1 onion
- 200 g Fresh shitake mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth/veg broth
- 150 milliliters cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- pinches salt & pepper
- Fry onions and carrots in butter until soft (5-10 min),
- then add the chopped mushrooms, fry for another 5 min,
- then add flour. stir it around and make sure it doesn't clump.
- Then add the stock and the herbs. let the flavors marinate there for a good 20-30 min.
- Use hand blender to bring it to consistency you like
- then you can add the cream to thicken the soup, and blend a little more with hand blender.
- m constantly monitoring for salt and pepper. add more or less salt &pepper to your liking.
- Finish off with a couple dashes of worcestire sauce for a little kick
- serve with a sprig of rosemary and a litte cream swirled into every bowl in design of your choice.
- Eat it with good friends. Savor every bite until it's all gone.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushroom Soup