If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few years ago I started a sweet potato tradition with this salad dressed up with a Grand Marnier vinaigrette, and garnished with pomegranate arils; it is sweet, tangy and spicy, a festive side to compliment a holiday meal. Eat, Drink, be Merry and Enjoy! - lapadia
Serves 3-4 depending on your portion size. easily doubles or more.
- 1 large sweet potato - roasted
- 2 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Mariner
- Taste test for sweetness and then add honey or agave to suit your taste
- 3 tablespoons walnut (or other nut) oil
- Sea salt flakes
- 1/2 medium unpeeled granny smith cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 finely minced jalapeno pepper
- Salted sunflower seeds - a handful
- Oil on hand for roasting the potato
- Peel and cut the potato into 1/8 inch medallions, then roast with a little oil @ 400 degrees, until just tender. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the next five ingredients (rice vinegar through oil), whisk well. Add a pinch of salt, or to taste.
- Cut the cooled potatoes into a quarter moon size.
- Cut the apple into half moon slices and cut them in half, to make a quarter size moon. Add them to the vinaigrette to coat and to keep them from turning brown.
- Arrange the potatoes and coated apples in a serving bowl, sprinkle with salt to taste. Scatter the pomegranate, sunflower seeds and jalapeno over the top. Dot with a little of the vinaigrette.
- Cover and chill at least a couple hours.
- Serve with extra vinaigrette on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples