If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Having plentiful apples from several trees in the garden inspired me to enter this week's contest. I happened to have an open bottle of green salsa in the refrigerator and so was inspired to use the sweet-tart aspect of the apples with the heat of the salsa and a red chile pepper. Then I chose other vegetables to give textural interest and an attractive appearance. This salad goes partucularly well with roast pork or poultry. —REC
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons snipped dried tomatoes,without oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 4 cups coarsely grated green tart apples
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 red cabbage leaves
- Place the first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Core and coarsely shred the apples;add to bowl.
- Mix together the salsa, oil and lime juice till well blended;add to the apple mixtue and toss to evenly coat.
- Fill the cabbage leaves and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples