If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We schemed up a dressing that starts with apple cider vinegar and cider. Then we assembled a party of fresh pals for our Fuji. The surprise guest turned out to be Explorateur triple cream, taking mayo's place. This plays out like a traditional Waldorf, but one you can love. —Ginger's Kitchen
- 2 ounces cider vinegar
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 1/4 cup yellow raisins
- 1 tablespoon coarsely zested peeled fresh ginger
- zest of 1 key lime
- 4 ounces Explorateur, a triple cream cheese
- 1/2 cup jicama, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup julienned celeriac
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 chopped Fuji or honeycrisp apple (@10 oz.)
- juice of 1 key lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of fresh grated pepper
- 2 ounces fennel fronds
- 5 ounces dry pan roasted hazelnuts, rough chopped
- Mix the cider vinegar with the cider. Add the yellow raisins so they plump up a bit. Smoosh the ginger, lime zest, and Explorateur cheese into the liquid. Set the dressing aside.
- In a large bowl combine the jicama, sliced fennel, onion, and apple. Pour the lime juice over the mix. Add the salt and pepper. Add some chopped fennel fronds, reserving half for garnish. Pan fry hazelnuts; add them to the salad. Toss with the dressing. Garnish with fennel fronds. Here's looking at you, Waldorf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Get your shine on.