If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I must have dreamed this because it was inside my head when I woke up - then we all brainstormed the execution. Then we all ate it like wild animals. —Ginger's Kitchen
- 4 cups walnut bread cut in 1/2 inch cubes (our store bakes a round artisan loaf - it's wonderful)
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- a pinch of salt
- 5 turns from the peppermill
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 4 ounces 9-12 month Dante's sheep cheese (or manchego)
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 cup arrugula
- Put the onions in a bowl of water and put them in the fridge. Heat the oven to 300. Spread the bread out on a cookie sheet and toast it in the oven until just barely toasty - maybe 7-10 minutes.
- Put the oil, vinegar, cider, honey, shallots, salt and pepper in the blender and whiz.
- Put the bread in a large mixing bowl. Cut the apple in to wedges and then cut those in half, into the bowl along with the onions (which you have drained and patted dry). Add the dressing and toss it together. Grate or shave the cheese and toss again. Add the arrugula and basil and toss again. Taste a leaf and decide if you want more pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.