Author Notes: This was a salad that my friend Brigitte would make when we hung out at her kitchen table too long and it was already time for some lunch. - Maria Long
Serves 4 or 2 depending on your bowl
- 2 Big apples cored and thinly sliced- I like galas. squirt them with some lemon juice so the don't get brown..
- 1 cup of shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup of thinly sliced cremini or white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnut oil or olive oil (walnut is awesome)
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Mix the shallots, the salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard and honey in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the walnut or olive oil in a thin stream slowly while you keep mixing until it is thick.
- Add dressing to the salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples