Author Notes: I love this refreshing salad . I always use an apple in this salad but change the fruit to what is seasonal. I love changing the dressing with exciting new flavors.I buy these specialty Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars at The Tasteful Olive in Overland Park, Kansas - NanciH
Serves 4 to 40
- Baby Spinach
- Mixture of Nuts & Berries: (I buy this at Costco) Cranberries, dried cherries, pistachios, walnuts, almonds
- Fuji apple, diced medium (1 apple for 3-4 people)
- Fresh blueberries, and/or blackberries, raspberries, Peaches, any fresh fruit
- Grilled chicken, sliced, 1 boneless breast per person
- Goat cheese, 2 ounces per person
- Equal amounts of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add pepper to taste. My favorites combos are: Persian Lime Olive Oil with Blueberry Balsamic OR Persian Lime Olive Oil with White Peach Balsamic
- Mix equal amounts of the olive oil and balsamic together in a jar and shake well. Add pepper to taste, shake again.
- Toss spinach and arugula together, add the nuts and berries, apple , and fresh fruit. Toss with dressing.
- Place salad greens on a dinner plate and top with slices of grilled chicken and the goat cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples