If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this refreshing salad . I always use an apple in this salad but change the fruit to what is seasonal. I love changing the dressing with exciting new flavors.I buy these specialty Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars at The Tasteful Olive in Overland Park, Kansas —NanciH
Serves 4 to 40
- Baby Spinach
- Mixture of Nuts & Berries: (I buy this at Costco) Cranberries, dried cherries, pistachios, walnuts, almonds
- Fuji apple, diced medium (1 apple for 3-4 people)
- Fresh blueberries, and/or blackberries, raspberries, Peaches, any fresh fruit
- Grilled chicken, sliced, 1 boneless breast per person
- Goat cheese, 2 ounces per person
- Equal amounts of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add pepper to taste. My favorites combos are: Persian Lime Olive Oil with Blueberry Balsamic OR Persian Lime Olive Oil with White Peach Balsamic
- Mix equal amounts of the olive oil and balsamic together in a jar and shake well. Add pepper to taste, shake again.
- Toss spinach and arugula together, add the nuts and berries, apple , and fresh fruit. Toss with dressing.
- Place salad greens on a dinner plate and top with slices of grilled chicken and the goat cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.