If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe in my mom's recipe box. Her family is part Hungarian, so I assume this is a family recipe. The recipe calls for beef (boneless beef round, 3/4-inch thick) but I prefer it with chicken. - rbillow
- 1 1/2 pound Chicken
- 1/2 pound Fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 pound Hot buttered noodles
- Cut the chicken into slices or bite-sized chunks. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt 2 T butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove mushroom mixture from skillet.
- Melt remaining 2 T butter in same skillet, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom mixture, paprika, bouillon cube, and 1 c water.
- Cook over high heat until mixture boils, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Combine half-and-half and flour in a jar. Cover and shake until blended.
- Stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir some of the hot mixture into sour cream.
- Stir sour cream mixture back into remaining hot mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until hot (do not boil).
- Serve over noodles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
Tags: comfort food