If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a german - russian roomate during college who was always surprising me with new flavours and dishes. I would like to dedicate this post to that wonderful combination of ingredients and textures her recipes introduced me to. - ChezCynthia
- 4 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 2 medium apples
- 2 beetroots, boiled and peeled
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 handful raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Take the potatoes and dice into cubes. Do the same with the beetroot.Then peel the apples and slice into small triangles.
- Place the chopped ingredients into a bowl and add the walnuts and raisins.
- Add the mayonnaise and toss just enough to mix everything. You may add more mayonnaise if it looks too dry.
- A sinful but tasty addition would be to pan fry a few strips of bacon and chop it over the salad.
- You can make this salad ahead of time, but be sure to serve warm. Enjoy!
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.