Author Notes: I had a german - russian roomate during college who was always surprising me with new flavours and dishes. I would like to dedicate this post to that wonderful combination of ingredients and textures her recipes introduced me to. - ChezCynthia
- 4 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 2 medium apples
- 2 beetroots, boiled and peeled
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 handful raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Take the potatoes and dice into cubes. Do the same with the beetroot.Then peel the apples and slice into small triangles.
- Place the chopped ingredients into a bowl and add the walnuts and raisins.
- Add the mayonnaise and toss just enough to mix everything. You may add more mayonnaise if it looks too dry.
- A sinful but tasty addition would be to pan fry a few strips of bacon and chop it over the salad.
- You can make this salad ahead of time, but be sure to serve warm. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Tags: serves a crowd