If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the afterglow of our weekend group, this recipe evolved as a late lunch today. It is proving to be the antidote to an afternoon slump. The apple supplies the freshness, while the ginger adds a perky snap. - Ginger's Kitchen
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- half a large honeycrisp apple (or other crisp apple likeFuji)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup red onion
- pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- sprinkle of fresh milled pink peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons excellent quality olive oil
- squeeze of lemon, preferably Meyer's
- 1 ounce broken pecans, dry pan fried
- In a small bowl create a bed of baby spinach leaves.
- Using a mandolin finely slice the ginger, red onion and apple on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Quickly pan fry the pecans and add them to the salad.
- Drizzle the cider vinegar and the olive oil over the top of the salad. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce