Author Notes: With the afterglow of our weekend group, this recipe evolved as a late lunch today. It is proving to be the antidote to an afternoon slump. The apple supplies the freshness, while the ginger adds a perky snap. - Ginger's Kitchen
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- half a large honeycrisp apple (or other crisp apple likeFuji)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup red onion
- pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- sprinkle of fresh milled pink peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons excellent quality olive oil
- squeeze of lemon, preferably Meyer's
- 1 ounce broken pecans, dry pan fried
- In a small bowl create a bed of baby spinach leaves.
- Using a mandolin finely slice the ginger, red onion and apple on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Quickly pan fry the pecans and add them to the salad.
- Drizzle the cider vinegar and the olive oil over the top of the salad. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples