If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been experimenting a lot lately with different salads to bring to work for lunch, having gotten a little bored of just lettuce and chopped vegetables. I once had a chopped salad that I loved with apples, beets, cheeses, nuts and avocado, but I wanted to make something a little lighter, so just kept the beets and apples with a kind of sharp dressing. —VanessaS
- 1 red beet
- 1 Gala Apple
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Wrap beet in foil and roast for 1 hour, until tender. Remove from oven, let cool and remove skin. The skin should slip off.
- Dice apple and beet into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in medium bowl with mint.
- Squeeze the juice from the grated ginger into a small bowl. Add the lime juice, zest, oil and salt, Whisk to combine and toss with the apple mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Get Fired Up
A weekend cookout menu and playlist
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Small spaces don't have to feel small.
We've got the summer blues.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.