If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hirosaki City of Aomori prefecture (Japan) is where I was born and is the place where Japan's most famous apples are grown. I tend to stick to the famous saying of 'one apple a day keeps the doctor away' with my true love for the fruit and by constantly coming up with varieties of apple recipes. Apple is also said to belong to the 'Yin' group (of Yin & Yang), meaning that it will keep your body warm. So with the blend of fresh apple flavor and nutty hearty grains, this recipe is the perfect choice to keep you warm and energized throughout the winter season! - YuY
- 1 apple
- 1 handful mint
- 2 handfuls almond
- 1.5 cups 6 grains mix
- 0.5 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 piece dried chilli
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare all ingredients...Cut one apple into small dice-sized cubes. Chop up the mint leaves. Finely slice the onion and sautee until lightly browned. Cook six grains in boiling water until al dente. To make the caramelized almond...Halve all almonds, lightly toast in a pan and throw in the butter, melt it, add sugar and caramelize. Add the cut chilli pieces into the caramelized almond.
- To make the dressing...Grate one apple in a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Throw in all the salad ingredients to the dressing. Mix well and sprinkle the caramelized almonds on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples