If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is a riff on an apple cranberry sauce I like to make. It's a bright, juicy, crunchy salsa with a mix of sweet, sour and heat. The tequila lime syrup adds the drunken effect, binding the salsa while giving it a little kick. Serve it as a side dish or an accompaniment to pork or poultry. —TasteFood
Makes about 2 cups
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, finely diced
- 1 red serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Make the tequila syrup: Combine the tequila, lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil (take care, since the alcohol may ignite.) Boil until liquid reduces by half. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except the cilantro in a bowl. Add the tequila syrup and mix to combine. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Add fresh cilantro before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.