If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by the desire to get my dad to eat more greens. How can you get a meat-eating American male to enjoy and eat more salad? My answer: serve it with pork. Check out my website (www.bettervita.net) for my long-winded explanation. - kacrosby
Serves 4 (or 8 as a starter)
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 2 or 3 fuji, honeycrisp or braeburn apples
- 5 - 8 ounces baby romaine
- 1 endive
- 1/3 cup maple syrup ( plus 3 tsp. for dressing)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons dijon tangy mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- fine sea salt
- squeeze of lemon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay prosciutto on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with maple syrup and sprinkle with fresh black pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until prosciutto is crispy.
- 2. Combine minced shallots, dijon, white wine vinegar, olive oil and 3 tsp. of maple syrup. Mix well or blend until emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Slice apples just before serving salad. Drizzle apples with lemon juice to keep from browning. Place two to three endive over each serving of baby romaine and add apples.
- 4.Break crispy prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over salad. Serve the salad dressed well and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples