If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First off, I cannot lay claim to this viniagrette. It is the recipe from the Culinary District, a shop here in Hot Springs that is an offshoot of Surfas in Culver City, CA, and a favorite lunch spot since it's two blocks from my office. They use this viniagrette on all their salads, and give away the recipe freely, as you will then buy the $30 worth of ingredients it takes to make it. I cannot imagine anything on which it would NOT be good, but it's especially enticing on a salad of chunked apples and grapes and diced chicken. I make it in copious quantities and keep it on hand all the time; I think my next move will be to marinate pork in it! Meanwhile, you can snazz up this salad most any way you want; I used what I had in the fridge, and it worked well enough I'm not inclined to fool with it. - Kayb
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup orange juice (Note: this viniagrette is quite sweet; if you want it more tart, add some lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tangerine oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Mix all ingredients except for canola.
- Whisk in canola a little at a time.
- Keep dressing refrigerated, and shake before using.
- 1 tart green apple (I use Granny Smith), quartered, cored, cut in chunks
- 1 red apple (I use Honey Crisp or Fuji), quartered, cored, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup white grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup red or black grapes, halved
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, or 1 1/2 cups diced or shredded chicken from a roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion, optional
- leaf lettuce
- Toss apple chunks with dressing, making sure they are well coated to avoid them turning brown.
- Toss apple chunks and remaining salad ingredients, except for lettuce leaves, adding a bit more dressing.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate, and top with a spoon or two of salad. Serve with additional dressing on the side.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.