Author Notes: I have had quinoa on hand for a while, as well as some yummy pickled beets and this great white stilton cheese with cranberries. While wandering in the the fridge looking for lunch one day, it struck me to combine some of my favorite salads (apple/ spinach, beet/nuts/cheese, and quinoa can pretty much go in anything)! I hope you enjoy. It makes a hearty, healthy lunch or a fantastic side for dinner and is quite versatile if you don't have specific ingredients on hand. I like to have it with a nice buttered Wasa cracker on the side, to help scoop it onto my fork! - cookiecakes
Serves 2 as a main dish
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine or Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Flax Oil (grapeseed or olive will sub fine)
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice
- 2 handfuls Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 Fuji (or favorite) apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled or roasted beets, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled stilton cheese with cranberries
- 2/3 cups Cooked Red Quinoa
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and orange juice in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Add chopped spinach, apples, beets, scallions, pecans and cheese and toss well.
- Add warm quinoa and toss together well.
- Serve and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples