If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad's name is everything it implies. The flavors combine to make a delicious refreshing impact, and the preparation is so simple. Most of the ingredients are chopped. But your guests won't know; they will think this simple, elegant salad had you in the kitchen all afternoon. So, unless they ask for the recipe, let them think what they want. —ashleychasesdinner
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat
- 1 mango - diced
- 1 granny smith apple - diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro- chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans - chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- DRESSING: Place first 7 ingredients in a blender. With the blender going, slowly add the olive oil until smooth.
- SALAD: In a bowl combine crabmeat, mango, apple, cilantro and pecans.
- Gently stir together.
- Divide mixed greens evenly on four plates. Divide apple salad over the greens on the plates.
- Drizzle each plate with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.