Author Notes: I love roasted vegetables, I especially love them on top of my salad. I thought the apple, beet and carrot mixture would be a nice combination of savory and sweet. - Krystal Ford
- 2 apples, cubed 1/2 inch
- 1 medium size beet, 1/4 inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups mesculn salad
- goat cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Dice carrots and beets. Slice onions into thin rings and cut in half. Chop apples. Place on sheet pan or roast pan. Mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast vegetables and apple mixture for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Whisk together olive oil, sherry vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- After removing vegetables from oven, toss with half the vinaigrette while still warm.
- Place salad greens on bottom of serving dish and spoon vegetable mixture on top. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese if desired, and serve with extra vinaigrette.