If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love roasted vegetables, I especially love them on top of my salad. I thought the apple, beet and carrot mixture would be a nice combination of savory and sweet. —Krystal Ford
- 2 apples, cubed 1/2 inch
- 1 medium size beet, 1/4 inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups mesculn salad
- goat cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Dice carrots and beets. Slice onions into thin rings and cut in half. Chop apples. Place on sheet pan or roast pan. Mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast vegetables and apple mixture for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Whisk together olive oil, sherry vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- After removing vegetables from oven, toss with half the vinaigrette while still warm.
- Place salad greens on bottom of serving dish and spoon vegetable mixture on top. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese if desired, and serve with extra vinaigrette.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).