If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another permutation of my Brussels Sprout Salad, which I never tire of and could eat every day. Here, I've changed the dressing to an apple cider vinaigrette. One apple was just right for me, but have an extra apple handy, in case you'd like to add more. - mrslarkin —mrslarkin
Food52 Review: This recipe can be described in a single word: addictive! Now I understand why mrslarkin could eat this every day. I too could eat this daily and not tire of the variety of tastes and textures it provides. In one bite you will be treated to a flavor explosion that is all at once sweet, salty, and crunchy. As a bonus, it is good for you too! —sticksnscones
Serves 2 or 3
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or apple juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, quartered, peeled, cored
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 10-ounce tub Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped crisp bacon
- For the vinaigrette, place the vinegar, apple cider or juice, olive oil, honey, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper into a jam jar or Mason jar. Close lid tightly and shake the jar like mad to emulsify. Set aside.
- Trim Brussels sprouts. Snap off the dry and/or spotted outer leaves and cut off the hard stem. Fit the food processor with the slicing disk and slice all the Brussels sprouts. Continue until all your Brussels sprouts are sliced. Remove to a large mixing bowl. Fluff and separate the slices with your fingers. Set aside.
- Alternatively, slice the Brussels sprouts with a mandoline, or with a knife.
- Next, fit the food processor with the shredding disk and grate the apple quarters. Dump onto the Brussels sprouts and sprinkle the apples with lemon juice.
- Add onion, cranberries and pecans. Toss. Add half the vinaigrette. Mix well. Taste for salt and pepper, and add more vinaigrette if desired. Sprinkle the chopped bacon over the salad just before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.