If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a Lebanese chef, Maroun Chédid, that I was fortunate enough to meet in Beirut; I added an ingredient that I first discovered in Lebanon, apple molasses and recently in the US, made in a farm in Upstate New York with organic apple cider. - Taste of Beirut
Serves up to 12
- 18 ounces shredded green cabbage
- 2 pieces apples
- 6 ounces lump crab meat
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 4 ounces golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons apple cider molasses
- 2 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Shred the cabbage as fine as possible
- Pour hot water over the raisins to soften them for 10 minutes
- Drain and rinse the crab meat and add to the cabbage
- Pour the apple cider molasses in a small bowl
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar on the molasses till dissolved
- Whisk the olive oil on the apple cider mixture
- Add a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the raisins and add to the cabbage and crab meat
- Chop the apples with the peel on in little pieces and add to the cabbage mixture
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss
- Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge till ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls