If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently made duck prosciutto (I followed the Michael Ruhlman Charcuterie recipe) for "Charcutepalooza". Duck prosciutto is very rich (fatty), and I like putting it in a salad with sweet and crunchy apples to balance out this richness. You can use any type of prosciutto (or substitute smoked duck breast- D'Artagnan makes a good one) in this recipe if you don't happen to have duck prosciutto on hand :) - WinnieAb
- 2-3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 crunchy apple, preferably a Honeycrisp or Fuji, peeled if not organic and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 10-12 bite-sized, very thin slices of prosciutto (I used homemade duck prosciutto)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper- to taste
- Toss the salad ingredients (spinach, apple, cashews, prosciutto) in a medium bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the dressing ingredients (minced shallot, olive oil and rice vinegar and maple syrup) and pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls