Author Notes: This spicy oil is terrific drizzled over grilled veggies or fish, pasta dishes, flatbreads and pizzas. We used one of our favorite ingredients, smoked paprika, to add flavor and nuance to our new kitchen staple. - Loulies
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups olive oil
- 5 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- In a small saucepan, combine all the above ingredients and bring just to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl to let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Strain oil and keep refrigerated until you are ready to use. It can last up to ten days in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika