If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This spicy oil is terrific drizzled over grilled veggies or fish, pasta dishes, flatbreads and pizzas. We used one of our favorite ingredients, smoked paprika, to add flavor and nuance to our new kitchen staple. —Loulies
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups olive oil
- 5 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- In a small saucepan, combine all the above ingredients and bring just to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl to let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Strain oil and keep refrigerated until you are ready to use. It can last up to ten days in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.