If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is always begged for by family and friends, much like myself it is subject to change but the heart is always the same... - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 spanish red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt, NOTE: THIS CAN BE REPLACED WITH A DASH OF SOY SAUCE FOR A HINT OF UMAMI
- 1/4 large lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and place in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mash up with the salt and garlic.
- Stir in the juice and zest of the citrus.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables.
- Stir in the spices. Then incorporate the olive oil, vinegar and sour cream. Drop a pit in the bowl and wrap with saran if storing in the fridge before serving to prevent dip from oxidizing.
- Serve with whatever you fancy, I like blue tortilla chips. Also nice with pita or spread on toast with tomato slices on top with a touch of evoo and sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip