Author Notes: My dad loves this dip that is sold at the supermarket. To its credit, it is delicious and creamy with a great horseradish kick. That’s great but it is full of unecessary ingredients such as corn syrup, gelatin, MSG, and artificial flavors. I decided to make a healthier version of this dip so that he can enjoy it in moderation. Feel free to make modifications to your liking. Also, you will notice that this is NOT vegan. I can’t justify using “fake” sour cream so I used a good quality dairy sour cream. Here is the recipe. It’s fabulous as a dip but could be served alongside of roasted veggies, on top of a baked potato, and endless other applications. - testkitchenette
- 1 packet silken firm tofu
- 1 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1 6 oz. jar plain prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 pound yellow onion, thinly sliced and caramelized until deep brown
- 1-3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the tofu and sour cream in a food processor until completely smooth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and serve.