Author Notes: This is a great dip and go-to salsa recipe. My favorite way to use it is as a topping for fresh fish, like grilled or pan seared salmon. It really pops with flavor. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 large ripe (green and red skinned) but not over-ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green apple, organic, peeled cored and diced
- 1/2 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 spanish red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 pinch dried red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 2 dashes balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon evoo
- 1 teaspoon organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Mix everything together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to let the flavors meld.
- TIP: RUN THE MINT and BASIL UNDER HOT WATER BEFORE CHOPPING TO REALLY PUNCH UP ITS FLAVOR.
- SERVE WITH PITA CHIPS AND TZATZIKI. MAKES A GREAT SALSA FOR FISH AND POULTRY. ENJOY!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Tags: sweet and savory