If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great dip and go-to salsa recipe. My favorite way to use it is as a topping for fresh fish, like grilled or pan seared salmon. It really pops with flavor. —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 large ripe (green and red skinned) but not over-ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green apple, organic, peeled cored and diced
- 1/2 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 spanish red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 pinch dried red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 2 dashes balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon evoo
- 1 teaspoon organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Mix everything together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to let the flavors meld.
- TIP: RUN THE MINT and BASIL UNDER HOT WATER BEFORE CHOPPING TO REALLY PUNCH UP ITS FLAVOR.
- SERVE WITH PITA CHIPS AND TZATZIKI. MAKES A GREAT SALSA FOR FISH AND POULTRY. ENJOY!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.