If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The name is from my childhood days when anything that wasn't immediately identifiable was called "goop", before I knew about a cleanser of the same name or before Gwyneth tried to take it as her own property.My local grocery carried a product that had the same ingredients, but then suddenly it went away. So...I was left to make my own version. This is really a cheesy dip!...three cheeses! It is great on crostini and is perfect with crudities.It is fabulous on a hamburger . I have even thrown it on pasta and used it as a "secret sauce" for sandwiches. The hot red pepper flakes give it a bite, so add or subtract the amount you use accordingly. (depending on the heat quotient tolerance of the tasters). Perfect to pass around with some fresh veggies at a cocktail party. - dymnyno
Serves makes 3 cups
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Dump all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Pulse the blender to incorporate all the ingredients.
- If the Goop is too thick, add a little more olive oil to thin.
- Serve with crudities or on crostini. You can also spread it on French bread slices and broil for a few minutes, until bubbly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip