If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the wake of the Jets' AMAZING victory over the Patriots Sunday evening, I've taken the liberty of renaming this dip in Gang Green's honor, As a prelude to the chili that accompanies most Super Bowl gatherings, this dip beats the "spread" every time. Plus, it's green, like the Jets' jerseys!! J-E-T-S!!! (Photo courtesy of the New York Jets) - wssmom
Makes about two cups
- 2 good-sized ripe Haas avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks (as finding nice tomatoes in the middle of winter is about as easy as kicking a 54-yard field goal into the wind, you can substitute a can of top-quality Italian tomatoes)
- 1 bunch scallions, white part only, sliced and diced
- 1 7-ounce can peeled green chiles, drained, seeded, and finely chopped
- 4 ounces bacon, fried to a crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 lime
- In a large bowl, summoning the spirit of the Jets' intimidating defensive line, use a potato masher to combine the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, chiles and bacon until mixed, but not totally smooth. Refrigerate until kickoff. Just before serving, squeeze in the juice of the half-lime, stir, scrape into a football-themed crock and serve with veggies and/or corn chips.
Tags: doubed easily
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup