Author Notes: With the help of aleppo and capote capers this simple white bean dip comes alive. It is a cinch to whip up. - Sagegreen
- 15 ounces small white beans, canned
- 1-2 ounce fresh dill, to taste
- 1-2 ounce fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons capote capers
- 1 teaspoon aleppo pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon, preferably Meyer's
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, preferably one with a peppery finish
- Rinse the white beans well in cool water. Drain off the water well. Add the beans to a blender or processor.
- After giving the dill and cilantro a rough chop, add them to the blender. Add the scallions, pepper, salt and lemon juice next. Then puree. Check the seasoning and adjust.
- Slowly whirl in a slow stream of the olive oil. Garnish with fresh dill or cilantro. Serve in small dipping bowls with your favorite chips or pita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip